Student Administration and Examination Officer, VU Sydney
Closing date for internal expression of interest will be COB Tuesday 1stMay 2018
The major duties include but are not restricted to the following key focus areas:
- Provide high level administrative and project support to ensure efficient operations of the examinations processes, allocated student administration projects, in particular, timetabling and assisting with student enrolment processes at peak periods, to support the student life-cycle at VU Sydney.
- Plan, implement and manage administrative services related to providing support to student services team for efficient examination management in accordance with VU Melbourne policy and allocated administrative activities as directed.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with VU Sydney, ECA staff and related groups at VU Melbourne to manage and assure the integrity of examinations and administrative processes.
- Provide consistent advice and information to internal and external stakeholders regarding VU Sydney’s examinations operations in accordance with policy.
- Provide secretariat support to relevant committees as well as a range of administrative services such as word processing, filing, drafting correspondence, taking minutes and action items, organising meetings and following up on relevant action items.
- Provide administrative support to the student services team as directed by the Campus Manager.
- Knowledge or Training Equivalent to completion of a degree with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and specialist expertise or broad knowledge in examinations management and student administration in a higher education environment. Relevant experience in an international student context will be highly regarded.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and time management skills in particular in relation to examinations management and general administration to support the student life-cycle.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of staff and students in a University environment in order to meet the position objectives.
- Advanced information literacy, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal with complex and confidential issues with sensitivity in a University environment.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of software tools, specifically excel, access, outlook, Visio, together with the skill base to quickly gain a working knowledge of any University-based online system, such as VU Connect, Staff Connect, and VU Collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise workload in a busy/demanding environment and complete work tasks within tight timeframes.
- Experience in project management or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in a higher education setting.
- Understanding of and willingness to comply with quality assurance policies and procedures and other relevant legislative and policy requirements applicable to the University
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and comply with employer policy and practices in all aspects of work and conduct, including OHS and Anti-Discrimination responsibilities and complete/attend training.
Demonstrated knowledge of the ESOS Act and associated legislation
Applicants must address the Selection Criteria to be considered.