Make a difference to the lives of international students as they seek a pathway from their studies to career opportunities in Australia.
This is a rewarding and multifaceted role that places students in suitable internship placements to gain experience in Australian industry and provide employment opportunities.
The ECA Internship Manager is responsible for the overall management of the ECA Internships department in NSW, VIC and QLD with Professional Year (PY) Program students as primary “clients”.
Key component of this role:
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the Internships department across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane
- Manage a team of 12 and growing – comprising Internship placement consultants, Admin, Account Officers and Business Development Officers, including recruitment, staff training, staff PD, KPIs and performance management
- Ensure the PY students will receive the best customer service and internship placement opportunities possible
- Manage relationships with internal and external partners including PY Program team members, Host company representatives and management of the Governing bodies of the PY program (ACS and Accounting PYP)
- Operational and strategic management of the department considering the expectations of the PY program servicing, Compliance and regulatory requirements of the PY Program and Fair Work regulations
- Working closely with ECA Senior Management on future Graduate Internship Program and ECA-wide Career Centre.
- Maintain in-depth and up-to-date knowledge about the PY program and the Internship component and make sound decisions based on the compliance and regulations of the program
- Manage the Internship Team across all locations and equip with thorough knowledge and sound judgement and be the point of contact for student appeal process
- Create compliant processes and documentation to ensure all audit requirements are met
- Liaise closely with all main “clients” of the program – Students, PY Trainers, Student Services and Host Company representative
- Business Development and Sales Management of the Internship Department- create a unified approach to acquiring, retaining and developing long-lasting partnerships with quality host companies
- Cooperating with Senior Management in moving Internship department to become a profit centre through a compliant Internship Program for eligible ECA partner institutions.