With the developing situation around COVID-19 coronavirus, we believe that encouraging ‘social distancing’ (avoidance of unnecessary groups and interactions) is the need of the hour and in the best interest of everyone.
Hence, we will be moving to a partial shutdown. This means that students will be moved to remote (online and digitally supported) learning.
Please note, we will NOT be closing the campuses. All campuses will remain open for now, but with limited staff. Students will be able to attend, but not for classes. Students can get in touch with Student Services for any questions. Further details available campus by campus and college by college.
It is not clear yet how long this will be in place, but best estimates are that we will continue with the remote study for some time – more than a few weeks. We will, of course be providing updates in the meantime.
- VU Sydney: will suspend study for one week for students from 23 March, resuming study remotely from 30 March. All staff will continue to work throughout.
- Swinburne Sydney: has suspended study for one week this week, resuming study remotely from 23 March. All staff will continue to work throughout.
- APIC: will suspend study for one week for students from 23 March, resuming study remotely from 30 March. All staff will continue to work throughout.
- ELSIS: will move to remote study from 23 March. All staff will continue to work throughout.
More information: https://www.elsis.edu.au/elsis-remote-delivery/
- ECA College: Classes are approaching the end of term. In the week beginning 23rd March, all end of term review weeks will be conducted remotely (via zoom).
Thereafter, there is a break and classes will resume from week commencing 13 April but be delivered remotely via zoom.
- Professional Year: The governing bodies of the Professional Year along with the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) are reviewing all provider recommendations for offering the PY via online/ remote delivery. ECA PY awaits the approval for remote/online can we shift to online delivery.
In the meantime, students are asked to come to college as per normal until this situation changes. ECA PY anticipates a shift to remote/online delivery for PY students will happen very soon and are preparing to ensure minimal disruption to student’s studies.
Students are advised to check your emails regularly in relation to updates – within a fast-changing situation.
Should there be any further queries or concern, do not hesitate to contact:
PY Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
ECA Student Services at email@example.com
Emergency enquiries: Luciano D’Ambrosi – General Manager 0408 868 897
- ECA Shared Services / Corporate: For now it’s business as usual, and all staff will continue to work throughout.
Please remember that we are open, just operating in a different way to support our students and staff in the best possible manner, while prioritising their health and well being. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions or need assistance.
Keep safe and stay positive.
#ECAsupport #InItTogether #StaySafeStayHealthy
ECA Chief Operating Officer
T: 02 8260 3200
M: 0404 438 413